Marketing efforts done through digital means by a business is known as digital marketing. It helps a business to increase sales and incur decent profit through a specific period. The process takes place on all known digital channels such as websites, search engines, emails and social media.
Digital marketing helps businesses to reach a massive mass of netizens. However, it needs the support of electronic gadgets and the internet. Businesses generate leads and potential customers easily with the right means of digital marketing. It eases a business organization with brand positioning, ad campaigns and customer tracking.
- According to HubSpot, currently, 64% of global marketers dedicate their time in SEO, a vital aspect of digital marketing.
- Invesp reports that, nowadays, 80% of the total leads generated through digital marketing turn into sales.
- A leading e-commerce site like Amazon backed 44% of the net e-commerce sales in 2017 in the US according to a report of CNBC.
- The OMNICORE agency reports that organic SEO is 5.66 times better than paid ads globally for any business according to current surveys.
The above statistics give a clear indication of how digital marketing has started ruling the modern market and gaining enough potential to rule for the years to come.
What makes online marketing a boon for businesses
Online business is the next big thing and it can dominate the global field of business and economy. While some businesses can run completely on a digital platform, others can use it as an efficient medium to present themselves among the audience.
In such a scenario, different sections of online marketing have turned into a boon for multiple businesses. Here, let us check the sections of digital marketing that provide outstanding benefits to the business in terms of attracting potential customers.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Content and Email Marketing
Now, let us go through some business-related benefits of online marketing:
Online marketing gives a website excellent exposure to the global audience. Business no longer restricts to a small physical area with proper online marketing. This improves both traffic and sales for a business.
Online marketing services cost less than online advertising. Entrepreneurs just need to hire digital marketing experts to enjoy its outcomes. Moreover, digital marketing has 24/7 upkeep and it gives long term services compared to online ads.
Online marketing helps to build up proper communication between the entrepreneur and the customer. A responsive website develops loyal customers who can exclusively purchase services from a specific website.
Digital marketing also helps to build good reputations for the e-commerce sites resulting in them to earn huge profits and indicating the end-users, the best site to buy stuff.
Handling business through social media
With proper online marketing, entrepreneurs can manage a business through a social media platform. All they need to do is to make a profile on the leading social media platforms. Presently, the profiles can be integrated with each other which helps in proper customer management.
Apart from social media optimization, the businesspersons can also include email marketing and PPC to get more customers. Moreover, with proper digital marketing, it is easier for a website to connect to the target mass.
It is always the primary job for an online business to give the responsibility of online marketing to the expert who belongs to a reputed organization.
- As per the recent report of DMR, Facebook now has over 1.66 billion daily users in the world.
- Banner Snack’s survey report shows that 54% of global survey respondents do not completely believe in banner ads but website displays.
- Smart Insights mentions that 49% of marketers around the world take support from A/B testing to improve the success rate of the website.
Best strategies to boost beauty salon business
The beauty salon business is quite trendy at present as both males and females have become more concerned regarding their looks. Many trained beauticians are entering the market globally to make their own impression. Online marketing can help them in several ways to expand their business and building repute.
One can consider the following tips to boost online business exposure and attract more audience to his beauty salon. However, for most things expert support is inevitable and some minor responsibilities are present for the entrepreneur too.
- Creating an eye-catching website- To ensure a beauty salon business gets its online presence, a website is necessary. One can seek the experienced website designers in the market who can create a website with an outstanding outlook and user interface.
- List down all services with descriptions- Proper website content is vitally necessary to get expected audience exposure. The salon owner needs to hire a professional web content writer who can regularly update on-site contents, blogs and guest posts.
This helps the end-users to find it easily on the search engine. It is crucial to publish detailed information regarding the services the beauty salon provides along with charges and descriptions. The location and contact details are other important things to mention on the website.
- Make the necessary keyword strategy for on-page content- On-page contents must contain strong and relevant keywords. Making the right keyword strategy depends on SEO experts. As a customer, you can rely on them and expect positive results.
- Focus on on-page blogs- On page blogs can deliver important information regarding haircuts, hair maintenance and beauty. These blogs primarily help to engage a person to a website. It can also turn him to a potential customer from a simple lead. However, one must keep in mind to publish new blogs frequently with more information.
- Collect reviews and testimonials from past customers- A website must have a reviews section where the past customers can write about their experience with a beauty salon. Traffic generation and increase of sales vitally depend on these two.
Moreover, proper tracking and responding to the reviews is a must. There are different ways to collect reviews and testimonials like the website, social media platforms and online business directories.
- Be active on social media handles- Frequent activities on social media handles increase the chances of sales for a beauty salon business. It should publish informative posts, photos and videos whenever needed. Linking them with the website results in more traffic.
- List on business listing sites- Several business listing sites are present in the internet and they have a large pool of active audience. A beauty salon business should enlist its name on the leading business listing sites to get assured exposure and expect more sales.
Many customers write reviews on these directories too which the entrepreneur should keep track of and respond accordingly.
- Focus on local SEO- Local SEO of a Beauty Salon business online is very important. It can attract the most expected bunch of customers. Local SEO takes into account the geographical location of a business and the search results depend on that. This increases the sales a lot.
- Register on Google My Business – Google My Business is a special business directory that the audience searches thoroughly to choose the right organization for a deal. All primary and authentic information should be present on the Google My Business page like the services, name of the enterprise, charges, location, contacts and list of services. Nowadays, a huge number of people check the Google My Business page supporting desirable online marketing results.
- Offer discounts on online booking – A beauty salon business can rapidly grow on delivering discounts on the customers who choose to book a service online. This can both increase the sale and website’s traffic.
- Focus on online reputation – The sole responsibility of tracking online customers remains on the entrepreneur. It takes a long time to make an excellent online reputation. However, poor maintenance and reluctant approaches over time can degrade it drastically. So, one must always have a proper focus on the online reputation of a business.
- Work on off-page SEO too – Off-page SEO improves Google’s outlook regarding a website. On having proper off-page SEO, Google can recommend a website. Off-page SEO is the basic way to bring a website on the top of the search results. This assures heavy traffic to a website. However, a website should be designed in such a manner that enables it to handle such a rush of traffic.
Beauty salon businesses are not actually online as it deals with practical services. However, a proper web presence improves its exposure to the audience. Moreover, the implementation of efficient online marketing strategies helps it to grow rapidly.
The marketing strategies mentioned above are simple and one can easily implement them. The right SEO and content experts can help a website to gain proper exposure but the quality of service remains in the hand of an entrepreneur.
Once a beauty salon keeper ensures excellent service, the outcomes can drastically improve. Online offers on the websites can also help attract more potential customers for a beauty salon in the long run.